CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Artist Producer Training (APT)
Deadline: Wednesday, May 23 @ 12pm
Generator welcomes artists, designers, collectives, non-profits and charities working across the performing arts to submit. We invite submissions from artistically and culturally diverse performing arts individuals and companies who want to participate and collaborate with Generator. Please note that our office is not fully accessible. Detailed accessibility information can be found here.
If you are an independent producer, self-producing artist, designer, or an artist who wants to learn how to make art happen more efficiently, Generator’s one-year paid Artist Producer Training program is for you.
Participants will learn effective producing strategies over the course of three semesters of coursework led by prominent seasoned independent artists and companies, followed by one practicum project with a mentor company.
Graduates will create and implement projects and budgets that have the goal of paying a better wage to artists, gain skills to sustain a career in the arts, and improve the overall health of the performing arts ecology.
Here are some short videos about Generator's Artist Producer Training program.
- A link to a MAXIMUM 3-minute YouTube video answering the following questions:
- What skills do you have that make you a good producer?
- Why do you want to take on a producing role?
- Do you currently self-identify as a producer or artist-producer? (There is no correct answer to this question.)
- A short, written response telling us about your personal philosophy as a producer or artist-producer (1 page max)
- CV/Resume (2 page max) including contact info for 2 references
- One letter of reference (may be same as reference listed on resume)
- This is an intimate program with only 8 participants.
- Classes run for three 6-week sessions October - April on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:30-9:30 pm, with assignment work outside of class. Attendance is mandatory. Session dates are as follows:
- October 23 - November 29, 2018
- January 15 - February 21, 2019
- March 26 - May 2, 2019
- Practicum schedules vary but are outside of class time and occur sometime from March - August.
- The fee paid to each participant is $1,000.
Complete submissions should be sent in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “APT Submission” no later than Wednesday, May 23 @ 12pm. We are aiming to announce the 2018/19 participants in late June. www.generatorto.com/#/apply/