Call for Submissions
Deadline: Wednesday, May 23 @ 12pm
Generator provides office space, equipment and mentorship to independent performance companies, collectives, and individuals over two years of growth or change.
Being in residence at Generator means 24-hour access to office and meeting space, mentorship, wifi, photocopier and printing, and auditing classes in the Artist Producer Training Program.
Residency at Generator increases skills and builds competencies and offers opportunities for peer-mentorship and knowledge-sharing among companies and with other artists the organization supports.
Resident Companies give back annually to the community at Generator by:
- Teaching 1-2 classes as part of the Artist Producer Training program
- Contributing approximately 5 hours to resource generation for ArtistProducerResource.com
- Resident Companies also work collaboratively on a project to solve or address a mutual issue that Generator can share with the community (Past Projects: Site Specific Theatre, Theatre Trailers).
- Attending events and socials held by Generator
Starting in September 2018 and ending in August 2020, your company will work from the Generator space at no cost. Additionally each company receives one week of rehearsal space per year.
To qualify, companies should have a body of work (or the artists and producers behind a new company should have a track record). These companies should not have grown to the extent that they are now receiving operating or core funding from an arts council. It is a residency for project-based organizations looking to improve or change how they operate. Read more about working at Generator on the Culture section of this webpage.
Here is a short video about Generator's Resident Company program:
Shakespeare in the Ruff talks about being a resident company
- A brief written introduction (2 pages max) to your company including:
- Its mandate or style; previous productions
- Company or project members
- Critical path/major events for the next two years
- A working link to a MAXIMUM 3-minute YouTube video answering the following questions:
- How would you use Generator and what can we offer you?
- What would you do to increase the capacity of your company?
- What is unique about your company that you could teach to other artists, producers or companies?
Complete submissions should be sent in one email to email@example.com with the subject line “Resident Company Submission” by later than Wednesday, May 23 @ 12pm. We are aiming to announce the Resident Companies in late June. www.generatorto.com/#/apply/