OUTSIDE THE MARCH
Outside the March is a Resident Company with Theatre Passe Muraille, as well as one of STAF's Inaugural Annual Resident Companies. Both organizations will support Outside the March as they embark on their 2015/16 season.
Outside the March was founded in 2009 by Co-Artistic Directors Mitchell Cushman and Simon Bloom, along with core Associate Artists Amy Keating, Sebastien Heins and Katherine Cullen.
Outside the Martch is dedicated to making theatre an Event, by creating work that is:
1) IMMERSIVE: They offer full theatrical experiences—personal and immediate encounters that endure.
2) SITE-ENGAGING: They transform found spaces into playgrounds of performance, as well as unearthing new possibilities within traditional theatres.
3) NEW: They introduce local and international voices to our audiences—compelling stories that grapple with our here and now.
4) WIDE-REACHING: They are looking to captivate a wide range of individuals, especially audiences who might not normally find themselves in the theatre.
5) COMMUNAL: They forge resonant collaborations between artists of all levels of experience and across disciplines, as well as meaningful partnerships within our community.
Since 2009, they have invited audiences to play with them in kindergarten classrooms, parade with Queen Elizabeth along the Danforth, tinker in garages, congregate in churches, venture out on a 911 paramedic call, and to join them up onstage at the Royal Alexandra Theatre. http://outsidethemarch.ca/